Sunday, February 14, 2010

Reflections on Week #5

This week we learned about Bloom's Taxonomy. This is a system designed by Benjamin Bloom for the characterizing of levels of abstraction. It provides useful structure to ask question within a particular level so that the appropriate strategies are followed. As I the start of this activity, I had a hard time understanding what I was really supposed to do until I got started and to look deeper into the project. It did help me understand and clarify the material that was in the article and help me to work toward structuring it so that I could understand it better. I had a little experience in this model in my educational training so it was good to get back into trying to understand it better and use in my future classes. I think that it is a good model to follow and will learn to understand it better as time passes. This week was a struggle but I hung on.

Here is a link to the Taxonomy assignment:

Bloom's Taxonomy Chart

No comments:

Post a Comment