Saturday, January 30, 2010

Reflections on Week #3

This week we learned about Concept Mapping as a Assessment tool for Education. I did have the opportunity to use this before the class, so I did have some experience with the software. In the limited amount of time that I have been using the software, I am encouraged by the strong capabilities of this tool. It improves the brainstorming concept that I have used before and help expand ideas into directions that one may not have been before. Looking at other classmates, I can see that there are many kinds of creative aspects of this tool. I really liked looking at the other student's projects.
This week, I have been in the process of getting a different internet service, so there have been challenges in that aspect of the classroom experience. I hopefully can get going in the correct direction and be able to respond to my classmates in an expedient manner and not have the frustration that I have had in the past. I am starting to do some research on my topic for the jigsaw assigment for this class and am working on it to make it happened. Hopefully, my group does not get too upset with my absence. I am working on it to make it better.
There are many different kinds of technology that I read about in the Dr. Curtis Bonk article. The article is a little dated but never the less gives a clear view that technology is growing and that the envelope is being pushed into more and better kinds of technology. There are so much out there that the teacher can use to improve their class and help lighten the load.
This week has been challenging but I have come though it and will continue to push on until completion.

No comments:

Post a Comment