Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Interview of Dale Johnson

Interview

1. Tell me a little bit about yourself.

I live in Northern Minnesota which is up by the Canadian border. I have been married to my wife for 20 and have a 10 year old son. I have a couple of degrees from different institutions. The first is an Educational degree from Northwestern College in St Paul, Minnesota and the other is a management degree from the University of Minnesota. I am certified to teach in the State of Minnesota and have kept my license up-to-date in the hopes returning to education in some form in the future. Online education really appeals to me due to the online presents and flexibility. I am starting the second phase of my live and am glad to be pursing my Masters degree, which has always been a goal of mine.

2. Are you a teacher, if so, what do you teach and how long have you been doing it? If not, what do you do and what sparked the interest in teaching?

I was a teacher for a short period of time. I looked for other positions but could not find one that fit my geographical demands. Teaching is something that I have always desired to do in the right place and the right time I just have not found the right position yet. Online education was the hook that lead me to this program. I would like to get into education in the Community/Technical College level position.

3. Why are you interested in online teaching and what made you decide to go with this program?

I researched different kinds of online educational schools for a period of two years. I wanted to find a program that fit my schedule and 100% online. UW Stout just fit the bill and was the program that I chose. I like the flexibility and the help that get in this program and enjoy the classes.

4. What do you want to get out of this course?

I just want to continue on the road to completion of this program. I want to be an online teacher that will be able to communicate with students and help them to become successful in life.

5. What do you see yourself doing professionally in 10 years? I see myself having some position in a school or University as a instructor or an Academic Dean while teaching students online on the side from other institutions.

6. What do you like to do in your free time?

I enjoy spending time with my family, traveling throughout the Midwest. I volunteer with the local Cub Scout group with my son. I volunteer time at my church with certain activities.

7. What else would you like your fellow students to know about you?

I am a big sports fan and like to watch athletic events.

1 comment:

  1. Nice Blog, Dale. I love the photo of the fall leaves. I moved from Maryland to SC 3 years ago. I don't miss the snow but I do miss the changing of the leaves and the beautiful fall that we had in Maryland.

    ReplyDelete